Gary F. Piserchia
Gary F. Piserchia is a seasoned civil litigation and trial attorney who has 33 years of experience in civil litigation. He has handled numerous complex litigation matters involving personal injuries and damages resulting from medical malpractice, automobile and trucking accidents, product liability, premises liability, dram shop liability, dog bites, slip and falls, brain injuries, burn injuries, wrongful employment termination, and wrongful death. He has successfully represented clients in well over 150 jury trials and obtained numerous settlements and resolutions over the years.
Mr. Piserchia was born and raised in Hillside, New Jersey. After graduating high school as a National Merit Finalist, he attended the University of Colorado where he graduated with Honors. In 1983, he graduated from the Dickinson School of Law “with distinction”. He shortly thereafter commenced his legal career concentrating solely on civil personal injury litigation and trials.
Mr. Piserchia’s ability to aggressively represent his clients have resulted in multiple trial verdicts and settlements of more than a million dollars. He has been a member of the Million Dollar Advocates forum for over 10 years.
Mr. Piserchia is a member of the New Jersey State Bar and is also admitted to practice before the United States District (Federal) Courts in New Jersey and Pennsylvania. He has been admitted pro hac vice to handle cases in New York, Pennsylvania, Delaware, and Maryland. Mr. Piserchia is Certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Certified Civil Trial Attorney. Less than 5% of all attorneys in New Jersey maintain this Certification. He has also been awarded status as a New Jersey “super Lawyer” on a yearly basis for over a decade.
When not practicing law, Mr. Piserchia enjoys golfing, skiing, cooking and spending time with his family and friends.
- $4.67 Million Trial Verdict in Eastern District of Pennsylvania Federal Court – 81-year-old plaintiff who suffered hemi-paralysis after fall down an escalator.
+ $2.5 Million Trial award in a product defect case against an auto dealership resulting in spinal fracture in Passaic County New Jersey.
- $2.5 Million Work Injury and Settlement for wrongful death to laborer due to construction accident (Southern District of New York – Federal).
- $2.25 Million Settlement after 7 days of trial in Burlington County New Jersey arising out of MVA/claims against the State of New Jersey resulting in neurocognitive deficits to plaintiff.
- $2.25 Million Work Injury and Mediation Settlement, arising out of lack of fall protection resulting in multiple fractures and head trauma – Atlantic County New Jersey.
- $2. Million Settlement, plaintiff was struck by a forklift resulting in partial foot amputation and multiple operative procedures. The theories of liability included negligent equipment operation by the forklift driver and product liability against a rapid freezer door manufacturer.
- $1.97 Million Trial Verdict for Work Injury, in Burlington County New jersey for construction accident resulting in multiple fractures.
- $1.185 Million Trial Verdict, in Mercer County New Jersey for a slip and fall on ice resulting in hip replacement.
- $1.1 Million Trial Verdict, in Camden County New Jersey for medical malpractice (postpartum hemorrhaging).
- $1 Million Settlement, in Medical Malpractice Suicide case in Camden County New Jersey.
- $900,000 Settlement, in RSD Podiatric (foot) Malpractice Case in Burlington County New Jersey.
- $800,000 Settlement, Product Delivery resulting in double leg fractures – Burlington Bounty New Jersey.
- $750,000 Settlement, during Trial in Orthopedic Medical Malpractice case in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania.
- $540,000 Trial Verdict in Product Defect case involving air freshener resulting in fall, fractured ankle and RSD.
- $525,000 Settlement for a Dog Bite Injury to an Infant.
- $500,000 Trial Verdict, Auto Case – Lumbar Herniated Disc in Burlington County New jersey.
- $500,000 Settlement for a Death of a man in a car crash.
- $375,000 Trial Verdict, Construction Accident resulting in severe laceration and damage to dominant hand in Ocean County New Jersey.
- $347,000 Trial Verdict in Wrongful Employment Termination/ Sexual Harassment case in Atlantic County New Jersey.
- $365,000 Trial Verdict, Product Defect (Warnings) Case – Chemical Burns in Burlington County New Jersey.
- $325,000 Settlement, 18-year-old female whose foot was run over by a car.
- $325,000 Work Injury, Severe injury to hand while cutting wood.
- $275,000 Settlements against various defendants in a case where the plaintiff, a freshman University dormitory occupant, was sexually assaulted by a postgraduate University wrestler resulting in posttraumatic stress disorder, anxiety depression and panic attacks.
- $270,000 Settlement Wrongful Termination (Sexual Harassment)
- $261,000 Binding Arbitration award in a case wherein a young (21 -year-old) purchased a muscle building testosterone product identified as methyl-T at a gym. The product actually contained an illegal “fat burner” Clenbuterol. When the plaintiff ingested the product, he went into a semi-cardiac arrest resulting in ICU Hospitalization for approximately eight days. He was told that he was close to death and subsequently developed posttraumatic stress disorder which resulted in anxiety, depression, mood disorder, and panic attacks.
- $250,000 Trial Verdict – dog bite resulting in left arm nerve damage in Burlington County New Jersey.
- $240,000 Trial Verdict, Motorcycle Accident – Lumbar Herniated Disc in Ocean County New Jersey.
- $225,000 Settlement in case where a tractor-trailer crossed the highway into opposing traffic, crashed and burned, and came very close to the plaintiff’s vehicle. Plaintiff suffered from posttraumatic stress disorder resulting in anxiety fear of driving and panic attacks.
- $ 225,000 Settlement in case where a tractor-trailer crossed the highway into opposing traffic, crashed and burned, and came very close to the plaintiff’s vehicle. Plaintiff suffered from posttraumatic stress disorder resulting in anxiety fear of driving and panic attacks.
- $75,000 Settlement in a motor vehicle accident case wherein aged plaintiff suffered cervical disc herniation’s.
- $70,000 Settlement in motor vehicle/bicyclist accident resulting in the plaintiff suffering multiple and recurrent shoulder dislocation’s.
- $65,000 Settlement in case where a 72-year-old stepped in a hole shopping center parking lot, resulting in a broken foot.