Elizabeth D. Berenato
Elizabeth D. Berenato has been admitted to the New Jersey and Pennsylvania Bars for 25 years. She is a Certified Civil Trial attorney receiving her Certification in 2009. She is a highly experienced Trial Attorney and has handled routine and complex cases and trials in the area of personal injury, including motor vehicle accidents, falldown accidents, product liability, medical malpractice, dog bite and dram shop litigation. She also concentrates in Social Security Disability, handling all aspects from Initial filings to Hearings and further Appeals to the Appeals Council. She is currently managing attorney of the Social Security Disability Department at Flynn & Associates, P.C.
Born in Moorestown, New Jersey, Ms. Berenato received her undergraduate degree, (B.A.) from Glassboro State College (Rowan), Cum Laude in 1986. In 1990 she received her Juris Doctorate Degree from Widener University School of Law in Wilmington, Delaware. Ms. Berenato started her legal career in Atlantic City, New Jersey where she represented casinos and corporations in real estate transactions, commercial leases and event contracts. She thereafter, began working in the area of personal injury representing injured individuals in a variety of personal injury litigation.
Ms. Berenato is a member of the New Jersey and Pennsylvania State Bars and United States District Court.
Ms. Berenato is an active member in many national and local organizations. She is a member of:
- Burlington County Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- New Jersey Association for Justice “NJAJ”
- District IIIB Ethics Committee, Supreme Court of New Jersey, Member
- National Institute of Trial Advocacy
- District IIIB Fee Arbitration Committee, Former Chair
- Nationally ranked Top 10 Attorney Award by NAOPIA
- South Jersey Magazine Awesome Attorney, 2010-2013
- Named to the National Trial Lawyers Top 100, 2012-2015
- Named to the 2015 Top 10 Personal Injury Attorneys (NJ) list published by the National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys, Inc.
- National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys, Inc.: “Top 10 Personal Injury Attorneys” list (South Jersey) – 2015. See http://www.naopia.com/selection-process for further information
- The National Trial Lawyers: “Top 100 Trial Lawyers” list (South Jersey) 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015. See http://www.thenationaltriallawyers.org/ntl-groups/top-100-trial-lawyers/ for further information.
- SJ Magazine: “Top Lawyers” list – 2009-2010. See sjmagazine.net for further information.
- South Jersey Magazine: “Awesome Attorneys” list – 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013. See southjersey.com for further information.
Current and Past Legal Positions
Flynn & Associates, P.C., Cherry Hill, NJ
Managing Attorney – Social Security Disability Practice
Smith, Magram, Berenato, & Michaud, P.C., Burlington, NJ
Managing Attorney – Personal Injury and Social Security Disability Pratices
Levine, Staller, Sklar, et al, Atlantic City, NJ
Associate Attorney – Trump Enterprises Counsel
White & Williams, Philadelphia, PA
Law Clerk – Clerkship while attending law school
Conference Presentations, Seminars & Training Classes (Developed & Presented)
- Electronic Investigation: Electronic Medical Evidence;
NJAJ Boardwalk Seminar, Atlantic City, NJ; 4/6/2016
- Civil Litigation Today: A Practical Workshop;
Sponsored by NBI; Cherry Hill, NJ; 9/26/2013
- May It Please the Court; (prepared materials only);
Sponsored by NBI; Cherry Hill, NJ; 9/13/2012
- May It Please theCourt;
Sponsored by NBI; Cherry Hill, NJ; 8/31/2011
- May It Please theCourt;
Sponsored by NBI; Cherry Hill, NJ; 8/10/2010
- Evidence & Expert Testimony Best Practice;
Sponsored by NBI; Cherry Hill, NJ; 5/27/2010
- Your Crash Course to Navigating the Civil Court System;
Sponsored by NBI; Cherry Hill, NJ; 11/19/2009
- Getting Your Evidence & Expert Testimony Admitted into Court in NJ;
Sponsored by NBI; Cherry Hill, NJ; 11/30/2005
- HandlingASocial Security Disability Case in NJ;
Sponsored by NBI; Cherry Hill, NJ; 6/8/2005
Beyond the Courtroom
Other than practicing law, she enjoys activities with her family. Her true passion is boating. She has a great love of the ocean and all water sports.