Auto accidents can be a devastating experience. One of the most important things to do after an auto accident is to consult with an experienced attorney.
New Jersey Car Accident Attorneys
Have you or someone you care about been involved in, or hurt in an auto accident caused by another person? It is possible that the law is on your side, and you may be owed significant compensation for your traumatic experience.
Collecting on the compensation you’re owed and ensuring that justice is served in a court of law can lighten the load of your recovery. This can help to cover medical expenses associated with your accident. If you need guidance in your fight for the compensation your owed, the experienced and determined attorneys at Flynn and Associates would be grateful to provide the knowledge and expertise you need.
Should I file a car accident claim? -Yes!
While it may seem like a daunting and time-consuming task to pursue legal action in the case of an auto accident it may be in your best interest to file a claim, in the absence of legal action, the fate of your case is left entirely in the hands of insurance companies. These insurance companies may pay you less than you’re entitled to or refuse to pay you outright, leaving you to foot the bill for all medical costs.
It is essential to mention that filing a claim does not necessarily ensure that you will have to spend any time in a courtroom. In reality, the overwhelming majority of auto accident cases are settled out of court, saving you precious time and unnecessary stress that could affect your recovery.
So, if you’re apprehensive about spending time in a courtroom, do not allow that to stop you from getting the compensation you are owed. Our team at Flynn and Associates can help you navigate these murky legal waters and guide you to the settlement that you deserve.
Why would you choose Flynn and Associates?
- Courtroom Experience: Allow our experienced and battle-hardened team to provide years of experience and expertise to guide you to the compensation you are owed for your auto accident. This firm has successfully and diligently represented thousands of clients from all over New Jersey who have suffered severe trauma, whether it be physical, financial or emotional. Flynn and Associates have fought to protect those who have experienced the burden of an auto accident caused by the negligence of others.
- No fees until you win: The team here at Flynn and Associates believes that you shouldn’t have to pay out of your pocket until you receive the compensation you are owed. We promise that you will receive the highest quality legal representation without having to pay until the case is won.
- Personal and committed representation: As a client of Flynn and Associates, you can expect to receive the most professional and aggressive legal representation possible. We believe in a personal touch on legal representation and ensure quick and active responses to our clients. With our personal and professional representation, every client is treated as an individual and not just another case file to be ignored.
- We will not back down: Our experienced and high-powered legal team of attorneys is ready and willing to go to bat against these big insurance companies to get you the compensation you deserve.
Our team at Flynn and Associates deeply care about your situation and understand the difficulties that you are going through. We would be honored if you could give us a call at (800) 853-1000 for a free consultation to discuss the details of your case.
What Factors caused your Auto Accident?
While you may be a fantastic driver who makes sure to follow all the rules of the road and look out for both your safety as well as the safety of others, It is still possible that you may be involved in an accident due to the negligence of others that can rear its ugly head in many ways we will discuss below.
It is important that you consult with our legal team to assess the negligence of the party at fault due to its impact on the viability of your case. The most common forms of auto accident-related negligence are listed below:
- Generally, speeding can cause the driver to lose focus on the drivers around them and cause severe and horrific injuries to the victims of the accident.
- Texting or calling while driving can cause a loss of focus on the road. Distracted driving can lead to easily avoidable accidents that would never have happened had the driver been focused on the road and actively driving.
- Drunk driving or driving under the influence of drugs is hazardous and leads to an incoherent driver that is incapable of following the rules of the road and effectively avoiding accidents.
- Unsafe or ill-maintained roads can lead to accidents in which the ability to drive safely and effectively nearly impossible. A lack of maintenance, defective design, or a lack of traffic signs that aid in the safety of those on the road are often due to lack of maintenance.
- Defective or ill-maintained vehicle parts such as brakes or airbags that can lead to dangerous and life-threatening accidents.
- A poorly maintained vehicle can experience stalling or being unable to stop due to poorly maintained brakes. If a car breaks down in the middle of the road due to poor maintenance and causes an accident.
In many of the cases described above someone is held liable for the accident whether it be another driver, car manufacturer or public agency that deserves the blame for the accident and owe you compensation for your traumatic and difficult experience. Our attorneys and the legal team here at Flynn and Associates will help you to work out who is negligent and deserves to take responsibility for the damage they have caused you.
Types of Car Crashes you could have been injured in:
While there may be numerous types of accidents that entail different levels of complexity and difficulty to work through do not worry, we have your back. Regardless of the complexity or difficulty of your accident, our attorney’s and legal team have the legal expertise and knowledge to guide you to the compensation you deserve.
Our firm has fiercely and successfully represented clients who have been involved in the following types of accidents:
- Rear-end collisions in which one car is struck by another in the back of the vehicle. These types of accidents can be caused by speeding or distracted driving and leave the victim with serious injuries.
- Head-on collisions in which the front ends of two vehicles collide leaving the passengers of both cars with severe and even possibly fatal injuries. This type of accident can be caused by nearly all the cases of negligence listed above and can be tremendously dangerous.
- Side impact or T-bone collisions in which one vehicle is struck on either the driver or passenger side of the vehicle. The injuries caused by this type of accident can be very dangerous and possibly fatal due to the vehicle being struck in a weaker part of the car.
- Rollover accidents in which a vehicle flips or rolls over and is more common among taller vehicles. This type of accident is extremely dangerous and can be caused by several of the negligence factors listed above.
- A single-car accident in which the only car involved in the accident is yours. For example, you hit a wall or median and believe that the accident was not your fault. These can be tricky to make sense of and our legal team would love to speak with you to help understand the circumstances of your accident.
- A multi-car pileup in which three or more vehicles are involved in the accident. This type of accident can be difficult to assign blame in however; our legal team would be helpful to determine who must bear responsibility.
- Commercial vehicle accidents in which large vehicles such as cement trucks or 18 wheelers owned and operated by a corporation or public agency. These can be difficult because the company or public agency that owns the truck likely having its legal team to represent them and protect them against suits.
Our firm is willing to take on even the most difficult or complex cases in any of these criteria to ensure that you get the compensation you deserve. The legal team here at Flynn and Associates has the knowledge and expertise to get you the largest amount of compensation possible for your accident.
Shocking Auto Accident Fatality Statistics
Age seems to be a tremendous factor in the likelihood of auto accident deaths with the highest number of victims coming in at the age range of 25-35. While the groups that unfortunately tied for second place for the numbers of victims were 45-54 and 74+.
It is horrible to see that so many people’s lives are cut short by the negligence of others on the road and this loss of life could be avoided by safe and focused driving. We care about these cases and if you have lost a loved one in an accident caused by the negligence of others, we would be honored to stand with you through this very difficult time.
Interestingly, in the state of New Jersey, the majority of auto accident fatalities took place in passenger vehicles, then light trucks, and closely followed by motorcycles. While the lowest amount of fatalities occurred with large commercial vehicles such as 18 wheelers, big rigs or cement trucks. However, although the number of crashes involving commercial vehicles was lower, the accidents tended to lead to more serious injuries and damage.
Evaluating the injuries, you have experienced
Many of the injuries caused by an auto accident can be extremely severe and even possibly life-threatening to the victim of the crash. We do not recommend that you take your injuries lightly no matter how small they may seem.
It is possible for life-altering or threatening injuries to show up weeks after an accident. It is important that you get all the care you need to ensure that you are fully healthy and healing as well as have clear documentation of your injuries from doctors.
Some of the possible injuries are listed here:
- Traumatic brain injuries in which your life can be altered forever and lead to loss of ability to hold a job or be able to support yourself or your family.
- Neck and spine injuries in which you could lose the ability to walk or use certain limbs and can take away your ability to care for yourself.
- Chest injuries can be possibly fatal and extremely painful leaving you out of work for months.
- Fractures and broken bones which can take you out of work or cause undue burden in your life.
- Internal organ damage can be fatal if not treated correctly and within a certain amount of time. These types of injuries can be overlooked after an accident and need to be evaluated and treated by a doctor to ensure your health and safety.
- Joint injuries can place a tremendous burden on both your body and your ability to work. While also causing lifelong issues such as arthritis and other degenerative joint conditions.
Many of these injuries can lead to extremely costly medical bills, pain, emotional harm and loss of work and wages. Some of these injuries can have a near-permanent negative effect on your life and we will fight for the compensation you need to help offset the negative impacts of these injuries.
We cannot highly recommend enough, the seeking of care and treatment of a qualified medical professional enough to ensure that your injuries are treated, or future possible injuries are diagnosed, and treatment plans created. Do not avoid going to the doctor to avoid the small cost of medical examination as our attorneys and legal team will push for your medical bills to be covered in your trial.
How we can make the law work for you
There are several laws in the state of New Jersey that can be used in your auto accident injury case to help you get your compensation. We have these laws listed below and recommend that you have a working knowledge of the laws on the books before you pursue a case.
Here are some of the helpful laws:
- All vehicles operating in the state of New Jersey must have car insurance to legally drive on public roadways. While that means any driver that hits you have car insurance it does not mean that getting your compensation will be easy. We all have had to deal with insurance companies in the past and know that you must bring the proper evidence and a strong negotiating team to get the compensation you deserve.
- The No-Fault Rule means that regardless of who was at fault in the accident your own insurance company will be responsible for paying out your compensation. In the state of New Jersey, all insurance companies provide personal injury protection coverage to pay their clients in the case of an auto accident injury. However, it is possible that this PIP will not apply in the case of a severe injury that can cost large amounts of money to treat and cause tremendous emotional and monetary pain.
- The shared fault law in the state of New Jersey states that your payout will be adjusted depending on how much of the blame for the accident you bear. In the case that you are deemed to have contributed 50 percent of the accident, you will not receive anything from other parties. This is a common rule used by insurance adjusters to decrease the amount of money you’re paid and you need a strong legal team behind you to negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf.
- In the state of New Jersey, you are legally obligated to report the accident to the police. It is important to file an accident report as soon as possible to ensure that you have the necessary evidence for your case.
- It is important to remember that there is a statute of limitations on auto accident cases. In the state of New Jersey, you must file a case within two years of the accident and injury to stay within the statute of limitations. After two years it is very unlikely that any court will accept your case, so we recommend that you file your case as soon as possible.
While you can apply these laws yourself in an auto accident case it is important to have the guidance and expertise of our legal team and attorneys behind you. We can provide a strong legal defense and save you the time and effort necessary to build an effective case.
Interesting and Frightening Auto Accident Statistics
Across the country, there are millions of car accidents occurring every year and a healthy (or unhealthy) portion of these accidents occur in the state of New Jersey. Many of these accidents cause severe injuries or can even be fatal.
According to statistics compiled by the National Highway Safety Administration, 96 percent of the vehicles involved in traffic accidents were passenger vehicles such as cars, pickup trucks or vans. In those accidents, 21,022 fatalities occurred while 2.07 million were injured in their auto accident.
In the state of New Jersey, there were a total of 290,212 traffic accidents occurred in the year 2014. In those accidents, 521 resulted in fatalities while 59,408 resulted in injuries that affected the lives of the New Jersey public.
All of this still occurred in a time where numerous driver safety laws have been enacted to increase the safety of the roadways in New Jersey. No matter how many laws are enacted it is still possible for others to through their negligence to cause you extreme monetary, emotional and physical harm.
We here at Flynn and Associates will be here to guide through this tumultuous time and get you the compensation you deserve from your accident.
Tips we hope to leave you with:
While an accident can leave you disoriented and injured it is important that you stay as calm and collected as possible and follow a few simple rules:
- File your accident report with the police! You must let the police investigate and gather evidence about your accident as it can be extremely useful in your case. Any delay in police reports can be used by insurance adjusters against your case to get you less money than you deserve.
- Never admit fault at the scene of the accident when you may be dazed or unable to effectively work through whom is truly to blame for your accident. Be sure to contact an attorney to speak with authorities on your behalf.
- Do not accept the first offer from an insurance company as these are often far less than what you are owed for your accident. This is a common mistake and insurance companies bank on you taking this offer, so they only need to pay out a fraction of what you’re entitled to receive.
- Be sure to get into contact with a seasoned and knowledgeable attorney to represent you and help to guide you through these sometimes murky and grimy auto accident cases.
We recommend that you get into contact with an attorney as soon as you can to ensure that all these steps are followed to the letter and you get all the money you’re entitled to receive.
What we offer
- We offer our clients regular updates on the state and progression of your case to negate any anxiety associated with your case.
- Personalized service in which you can directly ask us any questions and bring up any concerns you may have surrounding your case. You can expect timely and knowledgeable responses from our team.
- We care deeply about your case and offer our condolences and want you to know that you are not alone in your situation. We will do everything in our power to take any burden off of you so you can heal and recover in peace.
What’s the Cost
We here at Flynn and Associates believe that you should not have to pay us until you win your case and get the compensation you deserve. When you do pay us after your victory we will only take a percentage of your compensation and remember that our consultation appointment is free. We promise the highest quality legal representation without payment until you win!
How much money do I stand to gain?
The payouts for auto accident cases are very specific to each case and are determined by several important factors:
- The cost of your medical treatment
- Cost of your therapy and any possible long-term doctor’s appointments or treatment.
- The wages you lost due to injuries sustained in an auto accident.
- The pain and suffering you were subjected to because of your auto accident.
- Any emotional suffering you have sustained from your accident.
What if the responsible party has bad Insurance?
In the case that the responsible party is underinsured, or even worse, has no insurance your own insurance company will be footing the bill for your accident. This does not mean that your payout sum is not subject to negotiation and lowering by your insurance company. We still recommend that you seek legal representation to effectively negotiate with your insurance company.
Call Our New Jersey Auto Accident Lawyers
Our team of NJ car accident attorneys works extensively to build a solid case to support you and obtain the highest compensation possible. If you have been seriously injured in an auto accident in New Jersey, call us toll-free at (800) 853-1000 or fill out an online contact form to receive a free consultation on your legal rights.