Finding a New Jersey Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
For many, a motorcycle accident is one of the most horrifying and painful experiences possible in their lives. Motorcycle accidents usually involve a long and difficult recovery process due to the large likelihood of severe injuries.
“Financially a motorcycle accident can be crippling as medical bills stack up and your sick leave dwindles leaving you in a very difficult and expensive situation. “
If you are involved in a motorcycle accident your recovery may be marred by several factors such as physical injuries, emotional/psychological pain and in most cases financial hardship.
Financially a motorcycle accident can be crippling as medical bills stack up and your sick leave dwindles leaving you in a very difficult and expensive situation. All of this becomes even more frustrating if the accident was entirely the fault of someone else who acted negligently.
Fortunately, New Jersey law entitles you to significant compensation if you have been involved in a motorcycle accident caused by another person. However, it is important to file a claim as you will not receive any compensation if your claim is never filed. Leaving you to foot the bill for all medical costs and lost wages due to the accident. This is when you might consider talking with a New Jersey Motorcycle Accident Attorney.
Filing and Enforcing a Motorcycle Accident Claim
Once your claim has been filed there are two options for where your claim can be enforced, the courtroom or the settlement table. In both cases, you will be faced with extremely complex and fickle rules of evidence and court procedure that can even leave some lawyers confused.
Not only will you face those complex court or settlement proceedings you will be forced to interact with a seasoned insurance adjuster or a professional negotiator. The insurance adjuster whose main goal is to either minimize your compensation or wipe it out entirely will fight you at every step of the negotiation.
That is where we here at Flynn and Associates come into the picture to provide our many years of experience and legal expertise to back you up in your fight for your compensation. We can provide all the services you need to win a court case such as evidence collection as well as strong and impactful representation in the courtroom.
When it comes to settlement tables, we are not afraid to stand up to greedy insurance companies and wily insurance adjusters and we know all the tricks to get you the compensation you’re owed.
The legal team here at Flynn and Associates would be ecstatic and honored to guide you through this very difficult and confusing process. We know that a motorcycle accident is difficult to recover from and hope to make the legal process as easy and stress-free as possible so you can focus on getting better both mentally and physically.
Possible Motorcycle Claim Value
After a motorcycle accident, the compensation you receive to cover your medical bills is usually only a fraction of the total compensation you can receive. You are owed money to cover any lost earnings, out of pocket expenses pertaining to the accident, as well as the pain and suffering the accident caused you.
In most cases, the pain and suffering compensation can dwarf the medical bills incurred after your accident. With a good legal team backing you up and providing the services you need to win in the courtroom you can maximize these several different forms of compensation to get the full compensation that you are owed.
However, without a solid legal team and powerful courtroom representation, you may only receive a small fraction of what you’re owed due to the greedy insurance companies. This is why it is important to choose a strong and experienced legal team to go to battle for you, so you collect the absolute maximum compensation possible. We here at Flynn and Associates promise you that we will provide any and all services needed to win a court case and provide impactful representation.
Primary Areas of Practice
We have many years of experience in the domain of personal injury law and have fought successfully for thousands of clients and got them their due compensation. Due to our years of practicing law, we have seen nearly every type of motorcycle injury claim and successfully represented them all.
One factor that has been consistent throughout all these cases is that our clients were put through hell because of the negligent actions of others. Whether it was a drunk driver or a driver texting while driving we have seen it all and can provide you the necessary expertise to win your case.
In the case that one of your family members were killed in a motorcycle accident, we are highly experienced in wrongful death claims. We would be honored if you entrusted us with representing you and your deceased family member to get you and your beloved family members the representation they deserve.
We truly care about your situation and understand how painful and difficult cases like these can be. At Flynn & Associates, we want you to know that your New Jersey Motorcycle accident attorney will help to make the process as painless and stress-free as possible.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What is the statute of limitations for motorcycle accidents in the state of New Jersey and have I waited too long?
In the state of New Jersey, you have two years to file a claim for a motorcycle accident and seek compensation. However, it is important to file your claim as soon as possible so that there is no chance that your case dies before it can even be filed. Also, the earlier you file your claim the quicker you can receive your compensation and the financial burden of the accident can be mitigated.
What if the accident was in part my fault?
While your compensation may be decreased if you were partly at fault for the accident it does not necessarily mean you will receive no compensation. That will only be the case if you are determined to be more than 50 percent at fault for your accident. However, if it is determined that the other driver was mostly at fault for the accident you will be rewarded compensation proportionate to the other driver’s percentage of fault.
Am I required to wear a motorcycle helmet by law in New Jersey?
It is required by law in the state of New Jersey that you wear a government approved motorcycle helmet while operating a motorcycle. However, if you were not wearing a helmet at the time of your accident it does not necessarily mean that you will not receive compensation for your accident. Although it will reduce that compensation if any injuries occurred that could have been avoided by wearing a helmet such as head trauma.
Can I file a wrongful death case in the state of New Jersey?
In most of these cases the victim left behind a will and whoever is named as the estate executor can and usually files the lawsuit for the deceased victim. However, in the case that no executor is named or there is no will for the deceased victim then the court will name a representative who will then be able to file the case.
Are our conversations confidential?
As practicing attorneys in the state of New Jersey we are bound by ethical and legal obligations to keep any and all conversations with clients completely confidential. Our professional and experienced legal team would never allow any discussions between clients and their legal representation into the public eye. We would never betray any client’s trust in this manner no matter the circumstances.
What if the perpetrator broke traffic laws while causing the accident?
While it may seem like an instant victory for your claim if the other driver broke traffic laws while causing the accident it is not always the case. This still needs to be determined in court whether the traffic violation was negligent in nature and further still, was the actual cause of the accident. This is where a strong legal counsel that can craft powerful legal arguments and sort through and find solid evidence that can come in handy to help guide you through your case.
Is it possible to collect punitive damages for my case?
It is highly unlikely for you to get punitive damages in a motorcycle accident case due to the court having to determine that the perpetrator acted in a willful fashion attempting to cause you harm. While unlikely it is not impossible and if the evidence and facts of the case point towards an act of malice then we will provide you with representation to get your punitive damages.
What if my police report contains errors that wrongly shift the blame to me?
In this case, it is important that you immediately contact the police and attempt to point out how they need to amend their report. However, this can be extremely difficult due to resistance from the police who do not want to be told that they were wrong or did their job incorrectly. This is why you need strong legal counsel that can help get through to the police and provide evidence to back up your claims.
What if I was hit by a drunk driver?
We will work our hardest to prove the driver’s negligence and fault for the accident just as we would with any other case. However, there are a few wrinkles that could lead to more compensation for you or your loved one.
Namely, suing the bar that provided alcohol to the defendant driver before your accident. If it can be shown that a bar provided alcohol to the defendant driver while they were already physically intoxicated or served to someone under the age of 21, then there is a very good chance that bar can be deemed partly liable for the accident.
If you do not win, we do not get paid
We here a Flynn and Associates believe that you should not have to pay a dime to us before you receive the compensation you’re owed. The time after a motorcycle accident can be tumultuous and difficult and we only want you to focus on getting better and recovering from injuries both mental and physical. While we handle the sometimes-murky legal waters accompanied by motorcycle accidents, you should not have to argue with insurance adjusters when there are more important matters to attend to.
We promise that you will receive the best legal representation possible and that we will fight for you every step of the way.
The time to file is now
We cannot recommend enough, getting an early jump on filing your claim, as it will get proceedings going quicker and get your compensation to you as quickly as possible. We will make our best attempt to get you an out of court settlement as soon as possible while also maximizing the compensation you receive.
However, if the defendant is difficult or stubborn, we are ready to go to bat for you in a court of law to get you every dollar you’re owed. You deserve the most experienced and knowledgeable legal team possible and we here at Flynn and Associates would be honored to provide our services in this difficult time.
What we offer
- We offer our clients regular updates on the state and progression of your case to negate any anxiety associated with your case.
- Personalized service in which you can directly ask us any questions and bring up any concerns you may have surrounding your case. You can expect timely and knowledgeable responses from our team.
- We care deeply about your case and offer our condolences and want you to know that you are not alone in your situation. We will do everything in our power to take any burden off you so you can heal and recover in peace.
Please call into Flynn and associates at (833) 513-9882 for a free evaluation of your case where we can begin to determine the facts of your case and help you to decide what route you would like to follow. Whether you are looking for someone to help you negotiate with insurance adjusters or argue your case in court we can provide any necessary legal services to get you the compensation you deserve.
“We here a Flynn and Associates believe that you should not have to pay a dime to us before you receive the compensation you’re owed. “
What should I do after a motorcycle accident?
While a motorcycle accident can be extremely traumatizing and terrifying you must remain calm and as best you can and try to keep your wits about you. Several mistakes could be made that may decrease the compensation you receive after your accident. Listed below is some advice that our seasoned legal team would like to impart on you to ensure you get the compensation you’re owed.
At the scene of the accident
- Be sure to move to a safe spot off the road you were traveling on and away from your motorcycle to ensure that no further damage or injuries can take place.
- Immediately call 911 if any injuries occurred because of the accident.
- It is very important that you do not apologize or admit any fault in the accident as this can and will be used against you to minimize or negate your compensation.
- If no one appeared to be injured, then report the accident to the police
- Take as many pictures of the scene of the accident as possible as these can be vital evidence in your case.
- Make sure to get the contact details of any witnesses of the accident and if possible collect insurance information from the other driver.
- Finally, wait for either the police or ambulance to arrive.
In the aftermath of your accident
- Seek medical treatment for any injuries you sustained during the accident immediately as the doctor will be the only one to determine the extent and severity of your injuries. This is vital to your case and health as some injuries may not show themselves until further down the line.
- Contact your insurance company and provide any details of both parties as well as the vehicles involved in the accident. They will also want the details and contact information for any witnesses that could help bring clarity to the case.
- This is very important! Do not under any circumstances admit fault to anyone for the accident.
- Never accept the first offer from the insurance company as this is likely a fraction of what you are truly owed for your case.
- Finally, seek out strong and experienced legal representation that will help to guide you to the compensation you deserve.
Motorcycle Safety Tips
While it’s not possible to prevent all accidents and sometimes no matter how safely you ride the worst can still happen through no fault of your own. We here at Flynn and Associates wanted to provide some tips that will greatly diminish the possibility of an accident:
- While riding always wear a helmet that has been approved for use and deemed effective by the Federal Department of Transportation. Just the simple act of wearing a helmet while out on the open road greatly diminishes the possibility of dying in a motorcycle accident.
- Wear eye protection to ensure that you always have a clear vision on the road and can react to the changing circumstances around you.
- It is important for your safety that you avoid weaving in and out of traffic while on congested roadways. Also, while splitting lanes is not explicitly illegal it is extremely dangerous and could lead to severe injuries in a crash.
- Keep the headlights of your bike on regardless of whether its day or night as visibility is a key factor in safe motorcycle riding.
- Wear bright and reflective clothing while riding your motorcycle to ensure that you are visible on the road.
- Make sure to drive defensively to ensure that you are always one step ahead of anything happening on the roadway.
- Keep your bike in perfect working order especially in the case of your tires, headlights, brake lights and turn signals. If any of those systems fail it drastically increases the likelihood that you will be involved in an accident.
- Never ride your motorcycle while you are intoxicated or drowsy. Riding in either of those states is extremely dangerous and can lead to accidents and severe injuries.
- Do not tailgate others on the road as braking on a motorcycle does not afford you the same luxury as a car. If the car in front of you brakes hard and fast you will not have the time or distance to respond appropriately.
- Try to avoid any situations that require sudden braking.
- Adequately cover your body with clothes to protect from asphalt burns in the case of an accident.
- Pay very close attention to your surroundings and the other drivers around you. Riding a motorcycle requires extreme focus and should be taken seriously as even the simplest of road hazards can lead to devastating injuries.
Call Our Experienced New Jersey Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
Our team of NJ motorcycle accident attorneys works extensively to build a solid case to support you and obtain the highest compensation possible. If you have been seriously injured in a motorcycle accident then call us toll-free at (833) 513-9882 or fill out an online contact form to receive a free consultation on your legal rights.